Reflection

• I felt like the white space project was pretty challenging for me, as I didn't know what exactly I wanted to do or what I could do with this project, whereas in the previous projects, I had some idea, concept or starting point that I knew I wanted to try out in the project.
  • Day one of doing the white project, was very strange, as I was taking photographs around Archway of various things that seemed to speak 'white space' to me, I didn't feel as connected to the ideas developed in the work I did.
  • Creating the artist manifesto helped me, as it made me be able to focus on what, creatively, I want to get out of this project. 
  • By chance, I was scrolling through the Zara catalog, and became inspired by the white space in fashion photography, and thus pursued something more to do with colours.
  • OUTCOME:
    • I was very pleased with how the final outcome turned out, as I liked how the designs on the face did not complete overwhelm or underwhelm the photographs, though I think the face paint for the pink design could have been more opaque, as it seemed quite translucent compared to the black and gold face paint.
    • If I could redo this particular project, I would try to plan the face designs before painting them onto the model, as it would have been a slightly more efficient photoshoot, without me mulling over what kind of design I should paint on her face.