Reflection - 25/09/17

• It was easy collecting photographs of the supermarket and thrift store arrangements, however I did feel a bit anxious taking photographs when in view of the shop attendant, and I didn't go into a few smaller convenience stores because of this.
  • When prompted to switch up the construction of the collection, I naturally chose drawing, though I found it challenging to translate the repetitive arrangement of the items.
    • Thus, I attempted to simplify some of the drawings, by either focusing on line work, shape, colour or pattern.
    • The drawings additionally gave the arrangements more character and style.

Reflection - 28/09/17

• Liked the simplicity of the final product, as it cut away from the crowdedness of the initial collage idea.
  • Should have made the illustrations slightly larger
  • Scanning and printing out the illustrations made the colours more subdued, as opposed to the brightness of the markers that I had hoped would be retained. 

Reflection - 26/09/17

• Quite challenging deciding on the final medium to use to create my final piece
    • Was choosing between photography and mix of digital illustration, or traditional illustations
    • Finally decided on traditional illustrations, as I liked the character the traditional illustrations had, compared to photography and digital illustrations.
      • Feedback given by Kaori on my work progress so far helped with this decision, as she provided a third party opinion of my direction for the project.
  • The photography x digital illustrations idea was too overwhelming and crowded due to the sheer amount of and how concentrated together the intended subject matter was.