I like how the fabric drapes and coordinates with the model's body, which is something I want to explore in the Fashion and Textiles project.

Another Rei Kawabuko piece that I like, that is seemingly more complex compared to the previous piece by Kawabuko that I picked out. I really like the amalgamation of textures in the garment to create something dramatic, whilst at the same time not looking too overly complicated and gaudy.

Photographed above in the image gallery are the paper garment outcomes of the first Fashion and Textiles project. 

Maurizio Anzeri

Another Anzeri piece that I like, with its minimalism and the way the threads compliment the structure of the model in the photograph, which is what I'd like to try out in terms of utilising the yarn to compliment the arrangement of the various objects in my illustrations.

Fashion Illustration - Daniel Downton

I like this minimalistic illustration by Daniel Downton and how the colouring style barely has any tonal information, thus emphasising on the structure and base colour of the clothing. I also like the fine lines used to draw the face, without taking away from the simple garment featured in the illustration.

I particularly like this piece by Rei Kawabuko, as it highlights the structural aspect of the garment in such a minimalistic manner, which is something I'd like to focus on in the first Fashion and Textiles project. 

Maurizio Anzeri

I like Anzeri's utilisation of saturated, bright colour, in contrast to the subdued black and white photograph. I hope to explore that kind of contrast in the illustrations for the 2nd Fashion Textiles project.

I want to be able to explore simplifying my textile illustrations to the level of simplicity demonstrated by Sudo in this piece.

Hergardt's incredibly simplistic and elegant illustration style is something that I have never explored before, when it came down to drawing people and clothes, thus I'd like to attempt drawing the fashion illustrations in a style influenced by her's. I like how it puts emphasis on the dramatic garment, rather than the model wearing it.

I like the utilisation of negative space in this illustration to help highlight the garment worn, and the contrast between the pale background and the subject matter.